Bob the Traction engine (T1300)
Bob the traction engine (T1300) was built in 1892 by Richard Hornsby & Sons of Grantham . He was exported to Tasmania, along with seven of his brothers, in February of the same year.
Whilst working in Tasmania Bob had three owners before sadly being retired to become the main attraction in a children’s playground.
He was purchased for the Museum of Lincolnshire Life and brought back to England for restoration in 1988.
Bob now takes pride of place here at The Village, Church Farm where he is paired with a Hornsby threshing drum.
Sadly Bob is once more in need of repair before we can use him. Please help us raise the money needed to do this. All donations are gratefully received no matter how small.